The state’s premier life sciences gathering for over three decades, Georgia Bio proudly presents the 2023 Georgia Life Science Summit on Wednesday, November 1, 2023 at the Sandy Springs Arts Center.
The 2023 summit, more concentrated in scope yet expansive in industry inclusion, will be Wednesday, November 1st at the Sandy Springs Arts Center. The program is coming along nicely including a recently secured keynote address and chat featuring Dr. Ted W. Love, former President and CEO of Global Blood Therapeutics and 2023-2025 Chair of the Board of the Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO).
Other program elements including speakers / presenters currently include:
- Patricia Obermaier, Chief Growth Officer, Global Health and Life Sciences, Microsoft
- Dr. Joe Sutherland, Director, Center for AI Learning, Emory University
- The Intersection of Software and Science – A Plenary Session
- Launching and Funding a Company in a Challenging Environment: Investors’ Perspectives of Best Practices and Critical Errors – A Plenary Session
- Life Sciences Showcase – Hear Georgia-based companies who are developing or have bioscience/medtech related products present their technology. (Winners announced during the closing session)
- Plenty of dedicated networking time and a closing reception with light food and beverages.
We encourage you to join us in reconnecting with the life science industry ecosystem.
Learn more and register here.
In the meantime, please know we are working diligently and with strong industry support to accomplish the following: rebuild trust with industry, strengthen brand awareness, simplify our message and respond to industry demand for a stronger unified voice on behalf of industry for policy priorities.
“Georgia Bio is recommitting to its core mission of advocating for, connecting, educating and inspiring our member enterprises and stakeholders in much the same way our colleagues have known Georgia Bio since its inception in 1989,” Georgia Bio CEO Maria Thacker said. “We will now do that through an industry-wide lens more inclusive of new medical technologies and devices, and food and ag innovations. We expect the 2023 Summit to be a high value, enthusiastic event for all of our participants and stakeholders.”