Industry and Education partnering for Access, Opportunity, Impact
Georgia Bio matches scientists from local biotechnology and medtech companies with local biotechnology high school programs to share their experiences, scientific knowledge and information on how science is applied in their businesses.
Supporting local biotechnology programs can also mean the difference between a lagging US STEM workforce or a future where access and opportunity become tomorrow’s innovations.
“All students, not just those destined for a scientific, technical, or health-related career, can benefit from the skills that science education can provide—such as critical thinking, data analysis, working in teams, and oral and written communication. The need for scientists to share their unique skills and understanding with their own local school or school system has also never been more pressing.” Scientists in Science Education
Students look for a few a few things in your visit:
- Relevant Information – What do you do, what is the basic science behind what you do and what is the impact on society
- Background – What is your education, did you always want to do what you do, what challenges did you overcome to achieve your goals
- What’s Next – Ask the students lots of questions about their interests and their goals for the future
The program helps students
- Gain exposure to fields related to their course work
- Have the opportunity to learn about cutting edge work in the life sciences
- See real world applications of biotechnology
- Connection with local biotechnology programs to support local educational impact
- Inspiring and informing the next generation of scientists and citizens
- Supports company volunteer culture
One Scientist —- One Biotechnology Company —- One Biotechnology High School Classroom —- One Visit