Did you know that a 40 year old law is responsible for moving new discoveries from the lab bench to reality, creating jobs in the STEM professions and leveraging a federal investment in basic research into significant private investments in applied R&D? These partnerships are responsible for the rapid advances being made in treating the COVID-19 pandemic.
We hope you can participate in a video webinar sponsored by the Bayh-Dole 40 Coalition and the Information Technology & Innovation Foundation where you can hear from leaders in academia, government, and industry about this exciting field and how partnerships between industry, academia, and federal labs are combating Covid-19.
Speakers will include:
- Joseph P. Allen: Former staffer to Senator Birch Bayh and Former President National Technology Transfer Center
- Wendy Commins Holman: CEO and Founder, Ridgeback Biotherapeutics, recently approved by FDA to being clinical trials of a new antiviral in partnership with Emory University.
- Mark Rohrbaugh: Special Advisor for Technology Transfer, National Institute of Health
- Jon Soderstrom: Managing Director, University Technology Commercialization and Faculty Innovation, Yale University
- Stephen Ezell: Vice President, Global Innovation Policy, Information Technology and Innovation Foundation
You can register at the following link.