Certificate Programs & Degrees
Practical lab protocols for basic molecular biology, plasmid cloning, and titering and testing your viral preparations.
BABEC (Bay Area Bioscience Education Community) has a series of online lessons for at-home biotechnology learning. The "Lesson Resources" for each activity link to a Google Drive with word files that you can download and edit for your students.
The Classroom Resources page has materials (PowerPoints, case studies, paper models) to support Bio-Rad labs such as pGLO Bacterial Transformation and CRISPR Gene Editing.
This site allows you to create professional-looking scientific figures for presentations.
Careers in Biotechnology
This site contains a collection of information about the various careers in biotechnology. Job descriptions include information about average salaries and minimum degree requirements. There is also a "Biotech companies" tab with an interactive map that you can use to identify biotech companies within a defined area.
GPB Home Classroom (partnership with GaDOE) gpb.org/learn
- There, you’ll find summer resources for parents with children entering K-3 next school year
- Digital resources organized by grade and subject area
- Schedule and activities for modified GPB TV programming to support at-home learning
- E-newsletter archives during school closures
- Additional links and resources
On gpb.org/education, you'll find a number of original resources, which include:
- Fast Forward (a series about STEAM careers in GA—includes healthcare and CDC)
- Georgia Studies collection (includes teacher and student editions for the Georgia Studies digital textbook; Georgia Stories series; virtual field trips in Georgia)
- Chemistry Matters series (a comprehensive digital series addressing 8-12th chemistry standards)
- Physics in Motion (a comprehensive digital series addressing 8-12thphysics/physical science standards)
- Things Explained (a digital series that addresses a variety of topics, including PPE)
You can also video all Things Explained episodes on PBS LearningMedia, which include standard-alignments and support materials
- Offers thousands of high-quality free digital resources for the classroom
The High School Mentor Network is providing support and training for high school educators who are committed to biotechnology workforce development. Their website includes many career resources for teachers. Biotechnology teachers can also request to join the Facebook group (search on Facebook for InnovATEBIO HighSchool Mentor Network).
miniPCR has put together a resource page for teachers that includes webinars, COVID-19 related teaching resources, and DNADots, which are short summaries about genetic technologies like PCR and CRISPR.
miniPCR: Teaching the Science of mRNA Vaccines
miniPCR has compiled a list of their resources for teaching about mRNA vaccines:
The 75 Best Virtual Museum Tours Around the World
This list includes virtual tours and online exhibits for some of the most popular Art, History, Science, and Technology museums from around the globe. https://upgradedpoints.com/best-virtual-museum-tours/
NASA Online Museum
NASA has published 35 online exhibits that are available on this Google Arts and Culture site. You can also view many photo collections that document the history of space exploration.