We are delighted to announce that Maria Thacker-Goethe, President & CEO of Georgia Bio and Executive Director of Georgia Global Health Alliance, has been selected by the Atlanta Business Chronicle as a 40 Under Forty 2019 honoree. More than 400 nominations were submitted this year and her professional and personal accomplishments secured her place alongside other prominent Atlanta leaders.
Below are a few of her many accomplishments:
- Named the President & CEO of Georgia Bio in 2019 and affiliated for 13 years
- Became the launching Executive Director for the Georgia Global Health Alliance in 2016
- Secured state funding to expand the Georgia BioEd Institute rural teacher training initiatives
- Leading health ecosystem collaboration and expansion through Global Health ATL
- Serves on the boards for CJD Foundation, Southeast BIO, Southeast Medical Device Association, and Coalition of State Bioscience Institutes
- 2019 Recipient of the Metro Atlanta Chamber Phoenix Award
- 2009 Recipient of the Power 30 Under 30 Awards
- 10 years with the Junior League of Atlanta: Chair for the La Amistad Estrellitas and Wellspring Living programs
Maria is passionate about her work and community – all while making time for her 2-year old daughter Cecilia and her husband, Patrick. We thank her for championing the efforts to make Georgia’s Life Sciences and Public Health industries known throughout the state, nationally and globally.The honorees will be celebrated at an evening awards event on Nov. 7, 2019, at The Fairmont, 1429 Fairmont Ave. NW, in Atlanta.